Summary of Position
This position delivers revenue for QDS Systems by selling electrical and process control systems to account-based, medium and large industrial customers by utilizing professional and consultative selling skills to promote and build long-term relationships and partnerships in the surrounding greater area of Baton Rouge and southern Louisiana.
Duties to Perform
- Meet or exceed QDS industrial sales goals.
- Implement focused sales plans with key customers while developing long-term relationships through problem solving, a ‘can do’ attitude and a passionate commitment to customer service, specifically targeting Maintenance Managers and Reliability Engineers.
- Target industries include: Petro/chemical, oil and gas, food and beverage, pulp and paper and the cement industry.
- Responsible for industrial sales contacts and inquiries while leading the internal response to customer needs with solutions. You will work with technical support staff in providing technical proposals as required. Inquiries regarding parts and service will be handled by the purchasing and support staff.
- Develop new account relationships and maintain current industrial accounts.
- Understand, advocate and implement the QDS Systems business strategies that offer unique value propositions.
- Work effectively and professionally within a team environment while working closely with QDS technical support staff responsible for bids, plans, fabrication, maintenance, enhancements, troubleshooting and technical support.
- Make daily contact with potential new customers while maintaining relationships with current and past customers.
- Funnel and maintain reports in Pipedrive CRM of all pending opportunities in the industrial marketplace.
- Record daily activity, required information and notes in Pipedrive CRM surrounding all leads and customer contacts.
- Serve as the primary sales contact with all past, present and potential industrial customers.
- All sales leads will be generated primarily through you from customer interactions, industry networking and asking for referrals.
- Report to the Sales Manager and keep the Sales Manager updated on sales efforts, opportunities, proposals and work in progress.
- Attend weekly sales meeting with Sales Manager and interact daily and weekly with support staff.
- This sales position will be HQ office-based.
Key Competencies, Expectations and Experience Needed
- 10+ years of successful consultative selling of electrical and control systems.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of electrical and control systems.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal listening and communication skills.
- Passionate about customer service with the ability and goal of establishing both new accounts while building and maintaining long-term sales relationships.
- Solid working knowledge and application of word processing and spreadsheets in the work environment, including related on-line software, CRM and ERP (enterprise resource planning).
Key Performance Measurements
- Number of weekly customer contacts.
- New proposals generated.
- Proposal backlog tracking.
- Daily, quality Pipedrive CRM entries on all customer contacts.
- Monthly ‘lunch and learns’.
Other Requirements include the ability to work in the HQ office in a team environment and make in-person customer calls within a 3-hour distance from Baton Rouge with very limited overnight stays.
Base salary and commission with potential to earn $125K or more